Painting Tips By Wendy Harris
Tips For Better Painting Techniques – By Wendy Harris
How to blend colours together:
• Paint a background colour on the area to be blended.
• Using thick but not watery paint, apply the two colours to be blended up next to each other.
• With a clean dry square brush (should have brush varieties in your set) softly brush one colour across the other and wipe brush clean with rag.
• Repeat in opposite direction and wipe brush.
• Continue until a soft blended area is between the two colours.
• To achieve a better level of colour repeat the process with a second and even third layer. Only make sure you dry the paint thoroughly between layers.
Keep practicing and you’ll start to get the hang of it. Good artists are always learning from others so look at the work of others for inspiration!
If you want to buy customised artwork then contact Wendy Harris. Each painting costs from 200USD which includes Freight charges from Australia to Kenya. Check Wendy’s Gallery & contact her on the email address provided below to find out more!