The Art Of Putting – Anokh Jai
Perfect Putting ?️ By Anokh Jai
There are 3 aspects to putting:
1. Good distance/stroke control
2. Correct alignment to the target
3. Maintain a square putter face through impact
Equipment needed for the drills:
5 golf balls
1 golf towel
A practice green
Distance and Stroke Control
1. Find a flat area of the practice green away from any holes. Remember you are working on distance control, not accuracy here.
2. Putt the 5 balls making a putting stroke from the inside of one toe, to the inside of the other toe. Make note of the distance they travel.
3. Increase the stroke length to toe-to-toe, and finally to the outside of your toes and make note of the respective distances travelled.
4. Onto the long putts now. Take the 5 balls to one side of the green. Place a towel at the opposite side of the green.
5. Putt the 5 balls to the towel with the aim of stopping them on the towel.
Repeat this in all directions across the green.
Alignment To The Target
1. Place a tee in the green.
2. Using your putter mark out a ‘Clock’ around the tee.
3. Putt the 5 balls from each mark to the tee in the middle with the aim of all 5 balls hitting the tee. If you miss one, start again.
4. After successfully hitting the tee from all the marks, increase the length by 1 putter grip. Keep going as far back as you can.
Maintaining A Square Putter Face
1. Place 2 tees in the green about 2 inches apart creating a gate.
2. Place your ball about 1 foot behind the gate.
3. Line your putter face through the gate.
4. Putt the ball with the aim of getting it through the gate consistently.
These 3 simple drills will help you develop the 3 aspects required to improve your putting. Try and spend about 20-30 minutes on these drills. You may find one of them more difficult than the others. Spend more time on the difficult drill.
Lv. IV Master Teaching Professional
Total Golf Solutionz Ltd.
+254 736 035500