Your Appropriate Cocktail Attire By H&S Fashion Guide
What To Wear At A Cocktail- H&S Tips For Him & Her
Invited to a cocktail & wondering what to wear? Fret not, H&S Fashion Guide will help you select your perfect cocktail attire!
Ladies, for your perfect cocktail getup there a 3 basic key items required; a dress, shoes and accessories!
Cocktail Do’s & Don’ts:
- Dress length should end at or above your knees.
- Compliment your look with sophisticated accessories.
- Don’t over-reveal.
- Don’t wear a gown.
1. Cocktail Dresses- Ladies, a cocktail dress is by far your safest bet when attending a cocktail, however the other choices would be a jumpsuit, or a two-piece ensemble. When choosing your cocktail dress make sure the length reaches your knees & not beyond!
2. Cocktail Footwear- Heels is your answer to any cocktail! If unsure stick to the neutrals- nude or black coloured heels match almost every cocktail dress! If your dress is loud, jazzy with embellishments then it is better to stick to simple heels. On the other hand if you have picked a simple dress then make sure you jazz it up with your bold heels and accessories.
3. Cocktail Accessories- Complete your getup with accessories such as a clutch and jewellery. Again a simple cocktail dress can be jazzed up with a statement piece! When choosing your statement piece make sure it’s classy, chic yet stylish enough to grab attention and lift your whole cocktail look!
Gentlemen, to create your perfect cocktail look you require the following: a suit, shoes and matching accessories!
Cocktail Do’s & Don’ts:
- A slim fit suit is your safest bet.
- Compliment your look with classy accessories.
- Don’t wear ankle length socks.
- Don’t wear a tuxedo.
1. Cocktail Attire- Men, choose a black, charcoal, navy or grey coloured, peaked or notched lapel slim fit suit. A white dress shirt with crisp collar is your safest bet!
2. Cocktail Footwear- Dress shoes specifically black or dark brown Oxfords are the preferred footwear to match your cocktail attire. Make sure your socks should match the colour of your trousers and are calf-length!
3. Cocktail Accessories- Choose a tie that complements the suit, if patterned suit then make sure you pick a subtle plain tie that matches the suit, however if the suit is plain and simple you can opt for a bolder tie. Similar to your ties, your pocket squares should be silk and neutral coloured like the tie, if your suit jacket is patterned, or bold if the suit is plain. Choose a classy watch to match your suit & a leather or suede belt to complete the look!
What’s Your Perfect Cocktail Look? Comment Below!!
Keep reading this section as we share with you our favourite fashion tips, trends & styles!- H&S Fashion Tips