Warrior II Pose- A Yoga Pose For The Beginners
“Virabhadrasana II or Warrior II Pose”
The Warrior II pose helps build your stamina and also helps you improve your balance
1. Stand with your feet apart (approximately 3 to 4 feet depending on your comfort and flexibility).
2. Your right foot should be turned pointing towards the right (make sure both heels are in line and keep your body facing forward while your left foot should be pointed forward or inward (make sure it is perpendicular to your right foot).
3. Extend your arms to your sides at shoulder height (making sure your palms are facing down), whilst you abs are tightened & your right leg is bent, gently lower your pelvis toward the floor (make sure your torso is upright), until your right knee is directly above your right ankle. (to adjust the stretch you can adjust the distance between your feet).
4. Turn your head towards the right side gently, ( as if gazing along your right arm and fingers).
5.Stay in this position for upto 5 yoga breaths then return to starting position.
6. Repeat steps 1 to 5 on the opposite side.