This Movember Week- Health Is Wealth!
Prevention Is Better Than Cure- The Key To Being A Healthy Man
As Movember is almost coming to an end, we decided to end with a bang! We have touched the 3 main topics; Prostate Cancer, Testicular Cancer & Suicide, surrounding this Movember; the male health issues awareness month! This week we decided to talk about how to live a better, healthier & happier life!
We all know that an absence of good health, fitness & good sleep leads to illnesses & deterioration of health! So why not live a healthier life?
Healthy Diet- Eat Healthy:
- A balanced diet is the key to a healthy body and mind- Veggies, fruits, whole grains, nuts & lean meat are the best!
- Avoid Alcohol & Smoking
- Limit your sugar, salt & fat intake
- Drink- No not alcohol- WATER!
Be Physically Fit, Be Active:
- Hit the gym or go for a brisk walk, make sure whatever exercise you take up increases your heart & breathing rates
- Be active for at least 2.5 hours a week if you can’t get to exercise daily
- The key to being fit and active should even continue during work hours- if you have a job that requires you to sit in front of the screen, make sure you walk to work
Self Care- Look After Your Body & Yourself:
- Take interest in looking good- go for regular grooming- get your hair cuts, manicure & pedicure and even a facial if you like- who said only women are entitled to this? Men remember when you look good, you feel good
- Wear a sunscreen when out in the sun to take care of your skin
- To avoid unprotected sex make sure you always carry a condom
- Stay happy & positive
- Balance work, home & play
- Give yourself some ‘Me Time’- this could be reading a book you love, watching your favourite sport, playing on your X-box or Play Station or maybe getting that haircut you wanted
- Get your regular sleep to avoid being irritated & upset
- Hang around happy, positive people
Keep A Check On Your Health with Regular Doctor Visits:
- If you have a family history of diseases then make sure you rule them out by speaking to your doctor & living a healthy lifestyle
- If you suffer from High Blood Pressure, Diabetes etc. make sure you take your medications and make regular visits to keep it control
- Go for routine examinations & screenings on your doctor’s advice
Sexual Health- Healthy Relationship:
- Stay faithful to your partner avoid polygamy
- Use condoms when having unprotected sex
- Eat healthy to avoid poor sperm quality & infertility- Take foods high in Zinc- Shell fish, turkey, chicken, nuts etc.