Marjaryasana or Cat Pose- Yoga For Beginners
Cat Pose or Marjaryasana
The cat pose or cat stretch helps strengthen and stretch your spine giving it flexibility.
1. Get on your hands and knees forming a tabletop position. (make sure your arms are perpendicular to the floor while hands flat on the ground, knees placed hip-width apart, and your head in a neutral position).
2. Exhale & tilt your head downwards towards the floor whilst your shoulders and knees are in position (note: don’t force your chin to your chest).
3. Whilst inhaling return to neutral tabletop position on your hands and knees.
The Benefits of Marjaryasana or Cat Pose
The Cat pose has many amazing benefits. Some of the benefits are:
1. It strengthens & stretches the spine adding flexibility to it.
2. It strengthens & stretches the neck.
3. It helps improve posture & balance.
4. It helps strengthen both wrists & shoulders.
5. It helps improve digestion by massaging and stimulating organs.
6. It helps improve the oxygen and blood circulation & creates emotional balance.
7. It relieves stress and calms the mind.