Know Your Body Through Your Energy Part 4 – Positive Reflection Of The Week
Know Your Body Part 4: Spiritual Meaning Of Arthritis
Arthritis is a common condition that affects people of all ages.
With over 100 variants, the most common types of Arthritis are degenerative (osteoarthritis) and inflammatory (rheumatoid arthritis, spondylitis).
Degenerative arthritis is caused by overuse of joints. This could mean that some cartilage or other protective barrier has worn away, causing the bones to rub together. This can be quite painful.
Spiritually, take this as a sign from your body asking you to stop or slow down. Consider these prompts if you are suffering from degenerative arthritis:
– What is my relationship like with my body in general?
– Do I listen to my body when it says it wants or doesn’t want something?
– Is something in my life happening too much, too hard, too often?
Degenerative forms of arthritis also cause stiffness due to lack of mobility in a certain part of your body. Could this be related to the expression of feelings? Wherein in your body could you be experiencing this?
Also, consider the following questions:
– What does this stiffness allow me to do or not to do?
– What kinds of things do I usually do with the movement of this part of my body?
– How do I feel about that/those actions?
– Is there a part of me that wants to slow down or stop doing something I’ve been doing?
– Is there something I’m feeling that I am unable or unwilling to fully express?
Inflammatory arthritis is caused by inflammation when the body attacks the joints (autoimmune disease).
Energetically, inflammation means heat, which is often connected to anger or frustration. Here are some questions you can ask in search of the meaning of your inflammatory arthritis:
– Are there ways in which I attack or sabotage myself?
– Am I my own worst enemy?
– What emotions have I been holding myself from expressing?
– Is there anger, frustration, or resentment in my life?
– Do I feel stuck, trapped, or prevented from moving forward in some way?
– Am I reacting with “stiffness” when stress arises in my life?
So what is your body really trying to tell you? I hope you enjoyed this series.