How To Tell If Your Relationship’s Over – H&S Love Affair
6 Telltale Signs Your Relationship Is Over!
Though most relationships have their fair amount of ups & downs, they do survive. However, there are some that don’t. An argument now and then, between a couple living in a healthy relationship, does not necessitate any cause for concern, however, if there has been a good reason for distrust or disconnection between a couple, that can be hard to overlook and overcome, then there’s every reason to be concerned about the relationship. So how can you tell if your relationship is over and it’s time to part ways?
1. There’s Complete Emotional Disconnect- The emotional connection, is what is mostly responsible to holding your relationship together, like a glue. It is the core component and what helps keep the bond strong. When you no longer feel emotionally connected to your partner, you are no longer vulnerable and open to your partner, it means you are also unable to stay attuned to each other’s needs, feelings and problems. And when you are unable to do this, and hold deep conversations with your significant other, it’s time to call it quits
2. You’re No Longer Physically Attracted To Your Partner- Sexual desire and attraction are important, however, there may be times when you find your sex life may not always be rosy. A lot of factors come in to play, however, if you feel you have no interest or longing for your partner on any level & get irked by the thought of them even touching you, then that could be a good reason to worry. A lack of sexual interest in your partner means losing intimacy, which is one of the key components to a long-lasting relationship.
3. Your Eye Seems To Wander- Fantasizing once a while, about others, may be normal, however, feeling strongly attracted towards someone else and wanting to do less and less with your own partner, is something to be wary of. If your attraction is strong, and pulling you away from your partner, then that means you are no longer prioritizing your relationship and it’s time to realize that it’s disrespectful, and perhaps time to be respectful and walk away.
4. There’s Zero Trust- If the trust component is missing in your relationship for whatever reason, it’s time to end it. Trust is the basic foundation of a strong and healthy relationship and a lack of it, simply means a weak relationship.
5. You & Your Partner Don’t See Eye To Eye Anymore- If you are constantly disagreeing and ending up in arguments, this can ultimately lead to bitterness and resentment on both sides. This is a strong sign that your relationship may have hit the rocks.
6. You Both Want Different Things In Life- You may care for one another, but have reached a point in life, where you both want something different in your lives. It could be not agreeing on having a baby, personal desires, etc. If you both don’t want the same thing, and can’t compromise, then there’s nothing left to discuss, it’s over. This is perhaps the worst thing that can happen to any couple who are in love, but realize love isn’t the only important component to sustain a happy, successful relationship.
Do you need relationship advice? Ask your questions & our expert will get back!