5 Basics For The Ladies By Sarah Nderi
How to Get a Week’s Worth of Outfits from 5 Basics – By Sarah Nderi
Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil- the silent unconscious unseen influence of his life. This is simply the constant radiation of what man is, not what he pretends to be. ~ William George Jordan.
Happy Wednesday Peeps, Day 9 of 365 days how are you doing? As a girl I always feel like I have no clothes all the time I need to go out, catch up with a friend over the weekend or attend an event. Which is pretty much how every girl feels. I love matching my clothes in my free time to see if they are compatible, what works together and finding out a new way to pair things.
For these you need to know how to match clothes, patterns, colour blocks, combining colours and choosing colours that are great for your skin tone. Knowing and pairing your basics helps you plan for the week in advance depending on the weather, casual meet-ups, future meetings and all that you anticipate to have.
The basics are; 2 pairs of trousers, two dresses, two different jackets or blazers, two skirts, two blouses, two different cardigans and then accessories.
- All the clothes in your closet. Make sure you are doing this when all your laundry is done.
- Separate your blouses and tops from your trousers and skirts to help you pair them.
- No new clothes.
- A lot of free time.
- Fun music to accompany this task.
- A loose skirt and a lose blouse can not go together. That applies to all other clothes too unless you can really pull it off.
- Cover up, or cover down but don’t show off the legs and the cleavage. It’s a bit extra.
- Have fun.
Outfit 1: Denim Jeans + Blouses
This is a great look for Thursday as we anticipate for the week. You can pair this with sneakers or a pair of boots if you don’t have sneakers.
Such an outfit can also be paired with;
- A pair of sneakers if you don’t have knee-high boots.
- Ankle boots.
- A monochromatic look with a white blouse and a casual cardigan.
- A blue denim jacket.
Outfit 2: Dresses + Cardigans
For the cardigan you can let it hang loose on your shoulder for a stylish look, wear it and accessorise with a purse or a belt and see if you like it. For this official look, you want to look effortless or classy.
This outfit can also be paired with;
- A pointy pair of flat shoes, for some reason I find them so classy.
- Hats if you are rocking a longer dress.
- Matching handbag/purse.
- Any other item in your closet that would go well with your outfit.
- Hair accessories.
3. Skirts + Blouses
For the office lady you probably have a lot more of these especially if your line of work requires you to dress more officially. Choose outfits that are fun yet official so you feel confident when wearing them but still come out looking official from your wardrobe basics.
Accessorise this look with;
- A thin wrist watch or a thin wrist bracelet.
- A thin necklace.
4. Maxi Dresses
The Kenyan weather now allows you to wear maxi dresses, well until around late March, when the rains start again.
Accessorise your maxi dresses with;
- Chunky Jewellery.
- Straw hats.
- Bright coloured manicures and pedicures.
5. Shorts+ Blouses and T-shirts
The beach weather is here and it’s the perfect weather to swim and spend time outdoors. Shorts, blouses and t-shirts make for great pieces during these kind of excursions.
- A sling handbag.
- A pair of sunnies.
- A straw hat.
- A cardigan.
- Ankle boots or sneakers.
You are off to loving your clothes and ceasing from the endless complaints of having no clothes.